Annual membership dues
U.S. - $35
Contributing Member (U.S) - $50
($35 dues/$15 donation to the Gelding Incentive Program)
Canada - $45 (U.S. funds)
Foreign - $60 (Air Mail Delivery)
Gift Memberships - $35 (U.S.)
First Class Mail delivery: add an additional $12.00
Become a Member
To become a member of the National Miniature Donkey Association, print and fill out the Membership Application.
Send the application along with your payment to:
6450 Dewey Road
Rome, New York 13440
Phone (315) 336-0154 Fax (315) 339-4414
Note: We are now accepting Visa and Mastercard for payment.
NMDA Past and Present
Since NMDA was established in 1989, founding members of the Association have conceived, developed and put into effect the following on behalf of Miniature Donkeys and their owners:
- 1989 - NMDA was founded as a breed association specifically for the Miniature Donkey.
- We maintain the NMDA website and publish the ASSET Magazine — included with membership.
- MINIATURE DONKEY SHOW RULES — rules strictly established for Miniature Donkeys. NMDA sanctions shows, including an annual National show. NMDA started a High Point program in 1999 and also keeps an approved list of Miniature Donkey judges.
- AMBASSADORS FOR THE BREED PROGRAM was developed to formally recognize individual Miniature Donkeys or Farms who help promote the unique qualities of this breed outside the show ring.
- MINIATURE DONKEY BREED STANDARD - this unique, illustrated Breed Standard has been accepted and applauded by other breed organizations.
- DNA TYPING/TESTING:
- DNA Typing for a lifetime of identification unique to each Miniature Mediterranean Donkey (or Miniature Donkey)
- DNA Testing for parentage qualification of offspring.
- DNA TYPING — NMDA offers this service for the purposes of individual and parentage identification.
- THE ETHICAL PRINCIPLES OF BREEDING AND SELLING MINIATURE DONKEYS — NMDA offers this document to aid new buyers.
- THE NMDA MINIATURE DONKEY GELDING INCENTIVE PROGRAM — NMDA has dedicated $5,000 toward the Gelding Program to be used toward cash rebates for members who meet the requirement and geld a jack.
- MINIATURE DONKEY HERD SIRE SHOWCASE — the first of its kind - in 2004 NMDA published an in-depth look at some of the Miniature Donkey Sires contributing to the future of the industry. Full color photos and information about each herd sire including pedigrees.